Re: Oracle 8.0.5.0.0 setup under Win NT

From: wozi <wozi_at_dhc.net>
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 21:30:43 -0700

You do not have to have another computer and set it up as console and respository. The choice is yours. You can use OEM in the managed database without lossing database administration tasks.

example:
CREATE TABLESPACE OEM_REPOSIT
DATAFILE 'C:\ORANT\DATABASE\oemprod.dbf' SIZE 15M DEFAULT STORAGE (INITIAL 100K NEXT 100K MINEXTENTS 1 PCTINCREASE 1) ONLINE PERMANENT; CREATE USER SYSMAN IDENTIFIED BY SYSMAN DEFAULT TABLESPACE OEM_REPOSIT
TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMPORARY_DATA; GRANT DBA TO SYSMAN IDENTIFIED BY SYSMAN; QUESTION 4:
if you do startup an instance and connect to a database, that database will host all your created objects.

hope that helps.
wozi_at_dhc.net