Re: OCI7 Closing Explicit Cursors?

From: Bob Withers <bwit_at_pobox.com>
Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 23:21:27 GMT

[This followup was posted to comp.databases.oracle.server and a copy was sent to erisKILLTHIS_at_pcisys.net if this address didn't require editing.]

In article <7hkf6h$jj9$1_at_remarQ.com>, erisKILLTHIS_at_pcisys.net says...
> I've been working with the Oracle 7 OCI and finally have a
> working generic middleware with all the major bugs worked
> out except for one...
>
> When I bind a cursor to be 'opened for' in a stored procedure,
> (using obndra, I believe) the cursor remains 'open' in Oracle.
> After switching stored procs and obndra'ing the same CDA_Def
> about 50 times, I get a 'too many cursors open' error.
>
> Does anyone know how I can close the fetch cursor and effectively
> release it? I've tried ocan (), oclose (), but none of them seem
> to change this.

Eric,

oclose() should do the trick. When you run out of cursors select from v$open_cursor and make sure the open cursors are the ones you think they are.

Regards,
Bob

--

Bob Withers               Do or do not, there is no try
bwit_at_pobox.com                                  Yoda