Re: SQLException: "Data size bigger than... "

From: <coopman_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 20:25:14 -0400

I am seeing a similar problem. If you scan the posts you'll see a few other users complaining of similar, possibly related items.

Oracle tech suppt says the bug is "already filed" as #814621

I have seen what look like related reports of similar problems in the non-java ODBC drivers too.

Hope they fix this one soon...

B-T-W What the docs _say_ the Java->ODBC->Oracle data type mappings are is not necessarily what is implemented... The size limit looks suspiciously like that of a CHAR or VARCHAR parameter type...

Have you tried setBinaryStream(...) as an alternative? I bet you'll get an interesting exception...

Marc