Re: Problem with OCI

From: Bob Withers <bwit_at_pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 21:56:39 GMT

[This followup was posted to comp.databases.oracle.server and a copy was sent to dta_at_ticnet.com if this address didn't require editing.]

In article <12BF0CD0F06A519A.4217CAC57AD09DBA.F0ED7C9F1595B959_at_library- proxy.airnews.net>, dta_at_ticnet.com says...
> Hi all,
>
> I have a program written in C using OCI for NT and it's been working great
> for years, now I try to convert to SUN UNIX after fought with the Makefile &
> compiler for 1 -1/2 day I finally got it to compile cleaned but for some
> reason it keeps dyeing when try to log on to database using ologo() the
> error was BUS error. Any help will be truly appreciated.

The HDA (host data area) passed in often varies in size depending on if the machine is 32 bit or 64 bit. If memory serves it must be at least 256 for 32 bit and 512 for 64 bit. Make sure the area you are passing is big enough for the Sun platform.

Regards,
Bob

--

Bob Withers               Do or do not, there is no try
bwit_at_pobox.com                                  Yoda