Re: Autofunctions/execute at connect-time ?

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 21:18:15 GMT

On Fri, 14 May 1999 19:54:06 GMT, tkyte_at_us.oracle.com (Thomas Kyte) wrote:

>This is available with Oracle8i, release 8.1. Prior to that -- no, you cannot
>do this (don't even try to create a trigger on the audit table or anything like
>that, it won't work)...

Putting aside that the following might not be officially supported, just out of curriosity: why should putting a trigger on the table AUD$ table not work? I've done it before and it *did* work without problems. Of course, AUD$ should be first moved from SYS to some other schema (I used SYSTEM, with synonym SYS.AUD$ pointing to it), and the owner of the trigger must be SYS. Are there any hidden pitfalls that I haven't encountered using this technique?

BTW, I find the new event database event and DDL event triggers in 8i as some of the main new DBA features.

>See http://www.oracle.com/ideveloper/ for my column 'Digging-in to Oracle8i'...
>
>Thomas Kyte
>tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
>Oracle Service Industries
>Reston, VA USA
>
>--
>Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation

Regards,
Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle7 DBA (OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Fri May 14 1999 - 16:18:15 CDT