Re: SQL server Vs Oracle

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 21:51:57 +1000

Greg Druian <gdruian_at_europa.com> wrote in message news:373AF5EA.60846EBB_at_europa.com...
> I admire your unerring knowledge of what users want and what they need. You
must be
> a consultant: I can tell by your patience, tolerance and apparent empathy.

What I am and do is explicitly and clearly written for all to see. No great trouble in finding it out.
What I get paid for is to get value for money to my employers. After 10 years doing it, you
can bet they like it. And the work offers keep coming...

MS, ORACLE and other big companies might not like me but then again they are not employing my services, nor am I interested in selling to that segment. In fact they
hate people like us with a vengeance. "loose canons" is the expression often used. Problem is there is no such thing as a loose cannon, just "easy targets".

Clear enough? By the way, haven't seen you volunteering what you are or what you stand for.
So keep the "brilliant irony" interjections in your pocket. They are kind of old hat...

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto