Re: SQL server Vs Oracle !!! a new reflection

From: Michael Kaplan <former_mvp_at_spamless.trigeminal.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 04:14:39 -0700

You have got to be kidding! This was so obviosuly hyperbole after Frédéric's little foray into explaining things with his bigoted and unfair nationalist viewpoints that it is not even funny. I never stood behing it at all, I just took some silly prejudices about the country HE was from, presented them as truth, and allowed him the chance to see how ridiculous his own opinions were.

Since I have never posted anything like this before and since it was so obviously targeted at his piece of slop posting, I would have to worry about the amount of thought being put into things by anyone who would think this an honest statement of my opinions. Please read my closing again:

"The problem NOW is not Microsoft; its empty-headed people who prefer argument to rational and useful discussion, such as yourself."

Frédéric' is the only person who should feel insulted here, as he and his viewpoint on life is the only real thing being insulted in my post.... anyone else should just take the big picture into their view and realize what it was REALLY about.

--

Michael

Vanderghast <Vanderghast_at_email.msn.com> wrote in message news:uzsiUifn#GA.186_at_cpmsnbbsa05...
> Hi,
>

> Mr. Kaplan, I think an apology is necessary, unless you
still stand behind
> that piece of art.
>

> Michel Walsh (Vanderghast), Mostly Vociferating,
Prominently

> Michael Kaplan <former_mvp_at_spamless.trigeminal.com> wrote
in message
> > While the French (OTOH) are so uninsterested in letting
> > trash and other things that smell be thrown away, that
they
> > just let things linger to stink up the place.
> >
> > There is no other reason why a Frenchman such as
yourself
> > would let this stupid thread keep going by starting
another
> > copy with even more insulting commentary. Yet you do not
> > seem to notice how bad you have decided to make the
place
> > smell. Please wear less masking perfume, take a bath,
get a
> > life, and just realize that there is no useful
information
> > in this posting of yours, just insulting nonsense.
> >
> > The problem NOW is not Microsoft; its empty-headed
people
> > who prefer argument to rational and useful discussion,
such
> > as yourself.
> >
> > Michael
> >
> > Frédéric BROUARD <f.brouard_at_simog.com> wrote in message
> > > "SQL server vs Oracle"
> > >
> > > More than 100 message about a so simple point show the
> > problem :
> > > The problem is MS SQL Server and Microsoft.
> > >
> > > I am sure the same question about Sybase vs Informix
won't
> > have more
> > > than 3 answers...
> > >
> > > I am french and all the arguments developped in that
forum
> > to say that
> > > MS is good was based only on "how to make more
money"....
> > > In France wee have salaries that's under your's but,
wee
> > have :
> > > - health insurance include
> > > - unemployement include
> > > - 5 weeks of payd holidays
> > > and our culture is based on quality (good food, good
> > living, arts,
> > > culture...), not money !
> > > we produced Airbus (beating Boeing), TGV (the fastest
> > train ever made -
> > > 500 km/h),
> > > and in computer sciences RDBOO O2 wich is the best
product
> > in that
> > > market
> > > and the Ada language wich has been design for your DoD
> > >
> > > Did MS have a Ada compiler ??? Impossible : the
quality
> > needed is so
> > > hard to obtain the ISO !!!
> > > Did MS have a Java compiler ??? No : the MS Java have
no
> > Sun
> > > compatibilities !!!
> > >
> > > Thanks to Bill Gates to have make so disastrous
product,