Re: Oracle and Perl DBI/DBD on Linux Problem

From: Timur I.Danyarhojaev <tid_at_podolsk.ru>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 15:03:11 +0400

Simon Griffiths wrote:

> Hi all !
>
> I've got the pre-production release of Oracle 8.0.5 for Linux, and I'm
> trying to compile Perl DBI/DBD-Oracle, However it appears I'm missing
> the oci80 directory and subdirectories - I don't think they were
> included in this build.

    For build DBD-Oracle,
before run
perl Makefile.PL
you mast define the ORACLE enviroment variables ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_BASE

(in bash)
ORACLE_HOME="/..." ; export ORACLE_HOME ORACLE_BASE="/..." ; export ORACLE_BASE then run
perl Makefile.PL
make
make test
make install Received on Fri May 14 1999 - 06:03:11 CDT