Re: SQL server Vs Oracle

From: Doug Hutcheson <Doug.Hutcheson_at_dnr.qld.gov.au.no.ham.spam.thank.you.mam>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 14:54:56 +1000

Ummm...

Pardon my ignorance, but exactly why do you want to use a combo box if you also want to disable it's combo features? A list box is what you want for that instance. A combo box is DESIGNED and thus INTENDED to allow entry of data other than that in the drop-down list - that's why it is called a combo box. Thus, arguing that data entry in a combo box is a flaw smacks rather heavily of a spurious argument.

But then, who am I to judge? Just a professional Access developer since Access 2, VB developer since VB 3, C programmer since year dot, VC++ developer since VC++1.5....etc, etc. Funny, the GUI tools all use the Windows combo box the same way - it is designed to let you type into the text area, so all the tools allow you to type into the text area.

You have some interesting arguments, but your credibility flies out the window when you advance a designed feature as a fault.

... or am I still missing something?

Hmmm....

--
Having fun with Access...
but then, I'm on medication...

Dev Ashish's site & FAQ: http://home.att.net/~dashish Microsoft support: http://support.microsoft.com/support News archive: www.dejanews.com.

The surest sign for the existence of intelligent life in the universe is that we have not been contacted.