Re: Question on how to setup Oracle 8 in NT

From: Mikel <notreally_at_me.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 23:36:02 -0400

OEM does more than backups using rman though. It contains many GUI tools for admin that you might find useful. If you are installing a db before 8i, I think that the installer will install OEM for you (in 8i OEM is a separate product). You can use most of the OEM tools without launching OEM, that way you will not need a repository. As for the WWW-db connections, all depends how you want to get to the data.

HTH Mikel

poonek_at_my-dejanews.com wrote in message <7gvkna$vua$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...
>Hi everyone
>I am new to Oracle and I got some question on how to setup the Oracle.
>
>I get one computer is running as a WWW server and I want to install
>an Oracle 8 in another computer as my database server(both computers are
>running under Windows NT 4 Server). I got confuse on how to setup the
Oracle.