Re: Informix vs. Oracle

From: <mr_daemon_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 22:48:19 GMT

In article <01be9d7d$6b87b040$38434cc0_at_txu>,   "Tony" <tonyxu89_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Could anyone give a comparision of Informix vs.
Oracle database server or
> point out where I can find related information?
>
> Thanks,

INFORMIX: cleaner more modern design, server  is more stable and gives better perfoemance   on equivalent hardware. Less effort required    of the DBA. The Illustra purchase
   provides a very nice object-relational    database for Informix users.

ORACLE: runs on any hardware in the world.   If you have some 3-rd party software
  which must access the databaase,
  you can be sure that ORACLE will be supported,    INFORMIX may not be ( INFORMIX is never the     #1 priority of other vendors like SAP for ex.)    Object support in Oracle 8 is half-baked;    the free PostgresSQL database is better    than Oracle for object support.

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Thu May 13 1999 - 17:48:19 CDT