Re: TEMP in /tmp?

From: Liz Reen <liz_at_reading.news>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 11:13:41 -0400

In article <7harsi$ijv_at_sjx-ixn10.ix.netcom.com>, postmaster_at_127.0.0.1 says...
> Have any of you cowboys or cowgirls out there tried putting the TEMP
> tspace into the unix /tmp fsystem when the latter was actually memory
> hosted?

TEMP is a tablespace you wish to keep around at all times. If you delete it, your instance is hosed. Why would you wish to put in a place where it should be deleted on start up? /tmp is for files that are blow-away- able, not files you really need.

I'm curious why you waste memory on /tmp on an oracle system? I can think of many other files I would like to put into memory.

Liz

--
My real address is L R E E N a t P E R R I E R G R O U P d o t C O M Received on Thu May 13 1999 - 10:13:41 CDT