Re: ORA-12666 error w/database link

From: Julio Negueruela <julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 15:56:05 +0200

Glenn Stauffer escribió:
> =

> I have an Oracle 7.3.3.4 database instance and whenever I create a data=
base
> link, I initially cannot access the other instance through it. I get t=
his
> error:
> =

> ORA-12666: Message 12666 not found; product=RDBMS; facility=ORA
> =

> The error is some sort of SQL*Net error, but I've not found it listed i=
> any of the online documentation.

ORA-12666:
// *Cause: The protocol specified for an externally-identified outbound // connection from a dedicated server (database link) was not the same
// as that used for the inbound connection. It is not possible for
// SQL*Net to authenticate a proxy connection that uses a protocol
// that is different from that which was used for the connection to
// the dedicated server.
// *Action: Specify the same protocol in the SQL*Net connect string or alias

//          for the outbound connection as that used for the inbound
//          connection

 =

> Any thoughts?

Have a looak at the protocol adapters installed in each machine.  =

Hope thios help.
-- =

Julio Negueruela
DBA Servicio Informático

Universidad de La Rioja      -      Spain
Telf: 941-299179     Fax: 941- 299180

mailto:julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es Received on Thu May 13 1999 - 08:56:05 CDT