oracle 8.0.5 replication bug

From: <huangdehua_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 13:49:51 GMT

Hi,
  We are useing two oracle 8.0.5 on two DEC unix machine, where have problem below:

  1. our data in oracle table have only 1k per record
  2. we set up oracle replication properly, and run properly, get proper result BUT our network monitor software report the TCP package pass between this two server more than 1k, but 5*1k, this jam our WAN, we only have 64k bandwith but our data go 5*80k now, we analyse the TCP package found that every 7 field of the record, oracle fill some odd data, then go the next 4 field, 7,odd,4,odd which fill in one 1522byte package

this odd data was so many that make our data more biger than our raw data.

when we try to use remote query, the data more less than that 5*1k,but almost 1k.

Would you please help me, if we can config to make oracle fix this problem, or give me an explain or solution for this , make our boss happy

Sincerely yours
D. H. Huang
1999/05/13

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Thu May 13 1999 - 08:49:51 CDT