Shutdown abort ???

From: Marc Mazerolle <informaze_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 13:51:31 GMT

Hi all,

New assignments forces me to work with Oracle on NT ;-( and i have come across a dilemma. On NT, when i shutdown the database thru the services, it shutdowns the database "ABORT".

This means that every time i shutdown the NT server, the database could be left in an inconsistent state.

The question :

Can we change this behavior to a shutdown "IMMEDIATE" instead of an "ABORT" when services are stopped ?

Regards,

Marc Mazerolle
InforMaze Inc. Received on Thu May 13 1999 - 08:51:31 CDT