Re: SQL server Vs Oracle

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 22:01:46 +1000

Arvin Meyer <a_at_m.com> wrote in message news:7hcs5g$db7$1_at_esinet2.esinet.net...
> PlayCenter running "Dixie Chicks") and when I click on Word in Win Explorer,
> it opens almost faster than I can get my hands back to the keyboard. Maybe
> it's Netscape <g> or at least one of your other programs giving you the
> grief.

Here we go. In a discussion about NT, SQL Server and MS shortcomings, we invoke the caching ability of Windows 98 when re-opening Word97.

Sorry, but opening an application (read: starting it up) in a different OS doesn't
qualify as a valid argument in any way, shape or format as to the performance of said application.

It reeks of the MS opportunistic marketing semantics.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto