Re: Ordering of records on load

From: Mark Gumbs <mgumbs--AT--hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 09:41:00 +0100

I once wrote an app and assumed the same, what gets loaded in should appear in the same order in a select statement. However, over time, the order which it was loaded was NOT the same when i did a select * from table. I then had to resort to the sequence method as outlined by Richard and ordered by the sequence in the app.

What puzzled me is that why it suddenly changed over time (2-3 months). Could it be the way the data is physically mapped to disk? Next Extents? If anyone knows, let us know.

Mark

<7hcm6f$g8a$1_at_bgtnsc01.worldnet.att.net>...