Instance Failure

From: Arthur Merar <amerar_at_unsu.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 02:01:29 GMT

Hello,

I checked our alert log after users complained of hanging transactions and this is what I saw:

Wed May 12 15:22:51 1999
Thread 1 advanced to log sequence 11415   Current log# 3 seq# 11415 mem# 0:
/data4/oradata/CASH/redoCASH03.log

Thread 1 advanced to log sequence 11416   Current log# 1 seq# 11416 mem# 0:
/u02/oradata/CASH/redoCASH01.log

Thread 1 cannot allocate new log, sequence 11417 Checkpoint not complete
  Current log# 1 seq# 11416 mem# 0:
/u02/oradata/CASH/redoCASH01.log

Wed May 12 15:22:58 1999
ORACLE Instance CASH - Can not allocate log, archival required Thread 1 cannot allocate new log, sequence 11417 All online logs needed archiving
  Current log# 1 seq# 11416 mem# 0:
/u02/oradata/CASH/redoCASH01.log

I do not know what to do. I could not shut down the instance or shrink the rollbacks or anything........does anyone have some suggestions please?

Thanks,

Arthur
amerar_at_unsu.com Received on Wed May 12 1999 - 21:01:29 CDT