Re: Rollback segment size

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 23:40:50 +0200

Hi Frank,
One Mb is where I start.
Extents unlimited is a bad idea. If you do that you will hit the limits of the tablespace and one or more rollback segments will grow hindering others. You could set the tablespace to autoextend, but then you will run -unless you have plenty of disk space- in other nightmares. You could consider setting optimal, to 4 times the size of the initial extent. In this case rollback segments will shrink when unused and deallocate unnecessary space.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle dba