Re: SQL server Vs Oracle

From: Jim McCusker <mccusker_at_iname.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 15:40:57 -0400

Abbot Cooper wrote:

> Jim McCusker wrote in message <3739B5F3.CBE02619_at_iname.com>...
>
> <SNIP>
>
> >I don't know, I didn't work on it. I do know that the two places I've
> >worked (Pratt & Whittney and Xerox) there seemed to always be trouble
> >with the exchange servers. My main point was, however, that the
> >technology that Microsoft puts out tends to be unpredictable, whether it
> >be from bugs or poor design decisions. For instance, try to get a native
> >MS-Access combo-box to not be editable (only being able to select items
> >from the pull-down). It's not gonna happen. But you can do this with VB
> >and VC++. Why?
>
> Because you obviously don't know much about Access... I'm not trying to

I've been working on it (professionally and not) since 2.0 came out. I'd say I know a bit about it.

> stomp on you, but you are just making yourself look foolish with comments
> like this. Access has a LimitToList property for combo-boxes, a property of
> which you are apparently not aware. If you set it to "Yes" then you will not
> be able to enter anything other than what is in the list. It works and to
> the best of my knowledge always has worked just as it was intended to.

See my previous post. You can still type in the box, which is what I didn't want to happen.

Jim
--

    Jim McCusker | Class of '99, BA Computer Science & Cognitive Science      jc012e@uhura.cc.rochester.edu | http://cif.rochester.edu/~fprefect   ~Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly.~

                                                          ~~Henry
Spencer Received on Wed May 12 1999 - 14:40:57 CDT