download feature on OAS 4.0.7

From: Tom Mettling <mettling_at_kona.javanet.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 15:03:46 -0400

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone out there is using the upload/download capability built into the 4.0.7 OAS. I was using Tom Kyte's owa replacement package with version 2.1, and it worked great. Now that it is built into 4.0.7, I am having some trouble with the download half: using the PL/SQL cartridge, whatever my package.procedure is called is what I get returned on the browser side. For instance, if I am trying to download a file called "test.doc" and the package.procedure is "files.download", the file doesn't open up in Word as it did with 2.1, but opens a save dialog box with "files.download" as the filename! Oracle support says this is the way it is supposed to work, but I find it hard to believe that this server won't allow users to open files from their browser. Any help would be great.

Thanks in Advance,

Tom Mettling
WT Chen & Company
mettling_at_javanet.com Received on Wed May 12 1999 - 14:03:46 CDT