utlestat Crashing 8.0.5 Server on Solaris 2.6

From: Rich Goldkamp <RJGoldka_at_dcss.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 18:45:19 GMT

When running utlestat against an 8.0.5 instance on Solaris 2.6, the instance crashed with an ugly ORA-600 error while executing the statement

drop table stats$dates;

After restarting the instance, everything was fine (the stats$dates table had been dropped), but I'd rather not pay such a high price to gather statistics.

I've modified both utlbstat and utlestat by commenting out the "connect internal" -- instead I log into server manager as a user with the DBA role, but a default tablespace other than SYSTEM. I've also modified the scripts to dynamically turn on and off TIMED_STATISTICS at the appropriate places. These changes have never caused me grief before, but this was the first time I've done it on a Solaris Oracle implementation. Also, this database serves as a backend for OAS.

Any and all ideas appreciated!

Thanks,
Rich
--

Rich Goldkamp, Consultant, OCP		RJGoldka_at_dcss.com
Digital Consulting & Software Services	(504) 523-5005 x2736