Re: SQL server Vs Oracle

From: Abbot Cooper <cooper_NoSpam_ab_at_mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 14:23:20 -0400

Jim McCusker wrote in message <3739B5F3.CBE02619_at_iname.com>...

<SNIP>

>I don't know, I didn't work on it. I do know that the two places I've
>worked (Pratt & Whittney and Xerox) there seemed to always be trouble
>with the exchange servers. My main point was, however, that the
>technology that Microsoft puts out tends to be unpredictable, whether it
>be from bugs or poor design decisions. For instance, try to get a native
>MS-Access combo-box to not be editable (only being able to select items
>from the pull-down). It's not gonna happen. But you can do this with VB
>and VC++. Why?

Because you obviously don't know much about Access... I'm not trying to stomp on you, but you are just making yourself look foolish with comments like this. Access has a LimitToList property for combo-boxes, a property of which you are apparently not aware. If you set it to "Yes" then you will not be able to enter anything other than what is in the list. It works and to the best of my knowledge always has worked just as it was intended to.

--
Abbot Cooper
cooper_NoSpam_ab_at_mediaone.net