Re: Export/migration advice

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_hbsrx.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 13:54:36 -0400

Hi Art,

    As an Informix guru you will be amused to know that one way of accomplishing what you want is to write shell scripts that emulate the Informix UNLOAD.

    The easiest way to do this is find a copy of Jared Still's sqlunldr script since it will dump the data, create the SQL Loader control files and even create the DDL statements. You will have to come up with a means of recreating the stored procedures, grants, etc. but it sounds like you already have that part of the job under control.

    If you can't find copy of the script in question e-mail me and I will send it to you.

regards

Jerry Gitomer