Oracle8 partitions and joins question.

From: Prasanth Duvvur <pduvvur_at_fyiowa.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 11:43:44 -0500

Hi,

Background: I have a 20 gig table that will have 65-99 partitions, I am planning on using the primary key of the table to serve as the partition key. For indexing I am planning on creating local partitioned indexes (for partition elimination).

Question: Will queries that involve a join to this table from another table, be unduly affected by the number of partitions? Also will the optimizer perform OK with a local partition index as opposed to a global partitioned for this situation?

Thanks,
Prasanth Received on Wed May 12 1999 - 11:43:44 CDT