Problems using INSO text filter in ORACLE 8i / WIndows NT4

From: Thomas Specht <Thomas.Specht_at_iao.fhg.de>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 17:58:39 +0200

In ORACLE8i under Windows NT4 I built a table containing a column of type bfile
and created the corresponding text index. When I use the null filter everything works fine with ASCII text files. But when I activate the INSO
text filter (CTXSYS.INSO_FILTER), I cannot retrieve any documents, even not pure ASCII
files (CONTAINS clause in SELECT-Statement). Seems as if my INSO filter doesn't work at
all.

Did anybody successfully use the INSO text filter with ORACLE 8i (download version from technet.oracle.com)?

Thanks in advance

Thomas Specht
E-Mail: Thomas.Specht_at_iao.fhg.de Received on Wed May 12 1999 - 10:58:39 CDT