imp73 --> creation of Rollback segments, but not setting them online...

From: Reinol Beyer <Reinol_Beyer_at_management-data.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 17:25:59 +0200

Hi out there!

I've got the following problem:

I backed up an entire Oracle 7.3.3 Database with exp73 to a .dmp file (I think the export utility was from Version 7.3.4)

Later I wanted to re import this database to the same place (after deleting this db due to reinstalling ORACLE...) with imp73 (from Version 7.3.3), set entire db to be imported.

The .dmp file creates all tablespaces, users and the rollback segments, but doesn't set them online... so when the .dmp file tries to insert data, the error occures "can't use system rollback segment for non-system table ...".

Is this common, or did I forget something?

Anyway, after setting them online and running the import again, it works... but there are LOADS of errors concerning some constraints in system tables being invalid and problems compiling something... what's that???

What can I do?
Thanx in advance
Reinold Received on Wed May 12 1999 - 10:25:59 CDT