Help! DBMS_PIPE

From: <meranki_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 14:20:31 GMT

I'm trying to use the DBMS_PIPE package from a Forms 5.0 application on the client side and getting an error.

The statement I'm giving within the Forms application is:

DBMS_PIPE.CREATE_PIPE('my_pipe', 20000, FALSE); and then I'm packing the messages and sending them to a stored procedure on the server where I want to receive the pipe and unpack the messages. When the control reaches the above statement in the Forms application, it is giving me the following error:

This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.(and the program is terminated). This error is occurring even when I'm trying to use an implicit public pipe. The DBMS_PIPE package is installed and valid and the execute privilege has been granted to the user.
I dont' know what the problem is and any help will be greatly appreciated. TIA, Manoja . Please reply to me meranki_at_my-dejanews.com

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Wed May 12 1999 - 09:20:31 CDT