Re: SQL server Vs Oracle

From: Abbot Cooper <cooper_NoSpam_ab_at_mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 09:16:05 -0400

David wrote in message ...
>Donning Asbestos Flame Suite:

<SNIP>

>"Microsoft Tools are a developers dream and a sysadmin's worst nightmare."

Of course we all know the reason for this is that MS software makes the former more efficient and the latter mostly irrelevant. I am not saying that MS is perfect, but if you were a sysadmin would you be wild about a tool which would basically put you out of a job? Of course that is natural and a human reaction... but where are all of the people who made a living from horses and buggies who adamantly opposed the motor car? Eventually they had to face the new reality.

Instead of fighting MS with a battle of words, the Oracle and Unix world would be better off to advance their systems as rapidly as possible to take as much labor as possible out of the development process. That is how technology advances -- remove labor wherever and whenever possible. Why is it that COBOL and Fortran are such minor languages now?

--
Abbot Cooper
cooper_NoSpam_ab_at_mediaone.net