Re: Export Table To Flat File From Stored Procedure

From: Mark Gumbs <mgumbs--AT--hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 08:57:10 +0100

You cannot start SQL*Plus from a stored procedure as far as i'm aware, the host command only works in SQL*Plus and Forms. You may want to consider external_procedures if you are using Oracle 8. You can get the external procedure to kick off SQL*Plus Apart from that, UTL_File may be the only way to go.

Mark