Re: GRANT/PRIVILEGE PROBLEM: URGENT

From: Julio Negueruela <julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 09:15:55 +0200

Jurij Modic escribió:

> A bottom line: you *can* grant EXECUTE on PL/SQL objects to roles and
> the users *will be able* to execute them when they have been granted
> those roles!

Yes, you're right I'm sorry for the misconception. I got confused with the Oracle 7.1.6v where you weren't able to execute any stored procedure with role privileges. We'd to implement a procedure to do this and our developers still use it (we've benn with the 7.1.6 v till three months ago) :((

Thanz and best regards.
-- =

Julio Negueruela
DBA Servicio Informático

Universidad de La Rioja      -      Spain
Telf: 941-299179     Fax: 941- 299180

mailto:julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es Received on Wed May 12 1999 - 02:15:55 CDT