Oracle Forms question... Canvas questions

From: Jimmy <c6635500_at_comp.polyu.edu.hk>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 02:17:45 -0700

Hello all,

    I am using Forms 4.5.

    I create a stacked canvasA with vertical bar on content canvasB. This canvasA has a text item A which shows the 100 records in block A. CanvasA has enough space to show 20 records only. The user can use the vertical bar to see other remaining records by moving the vertical scroll bar.

    I want to create a text item such that the user can type the record number and the program will go to this record and highlight this record. I use go_record function. I find that the program can go to this reocrd
(and this record can be highlighted) but the canvasA seems "frozen".
(i.e. the canvas still shows the original 20 records. Not automatically
"jump" to the corresponding record. As a result, the user must use the vertical scroll bar to move to this record manually) Is it possible canvasA automatically "jumped" to this record?

Thanks,
Jimmy Received on Wed May 12 1999 - 04:17:45 CDT