NT 4.0 Oracle 7.3.3.0 SQLNet and Firewall

From: Tom Kuczura <tkuczura_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 22:26:52 -0500

Need Help,

Can anyone enlighten me, ... Oracle 7.3.3.0 running on an NT 4.0 server, this server sits inside a CheckPoint firewall, remote clients are connected by T1 line. Oracle SQL Net uses ports 1521 and 1526 'as designated in TSNAMES.ORA and LISTNER.ORA' in connecting to the server. I am having a problem with a THIRD port being used, which increments with the start of each session by the client outside the firewall. This firewall is maintained with strict VERY RULES.

any help is appreciated Received on Tue May 11 1999 - 22:26:52 CDT