Re: An oldie on Blocksize and Performance?

From: Ross Mohan <postmaster_at_127.0.0.1>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 23:06:02 -0400

Jerry,

thanks....it's at the default: 1 for tables, 2 for indexes, maxes out at 255....the freelists ( considering
INSERTs, here ) are set at 8 which is likely a bit low...I thought the ITL space in the block header ( as
opposed to the header block! ) was 'roughly' dynamic and could accomodate some growth.....can you
shed any light on this?

thx

Ross