Re: An oldie on Blocksize and Performance?

From: Ross Mohan <postmaster_at_127.0.0.1>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 23:03:11 -0400

>BTW its the 'cache buffers lru chain' of which
>there is only one, and that applies to tablescans.
>Have you been trying to confuse us ?

    put the first I/O block on the MRU end, thereby invoking the CBC?

I am really wigged out with this thing. I moved my buffer cache up to about 1.5G, and it's using only 400MB at peak, and I wonder what damage i've done...I've set a bunch of goofy parameters ( _db_block_max_cr_cnt and the like )....so....I notice that 400MB is darn close to what i've bumped CACHE_SIZE_THRESHOLD up to, and it makes me wonder.......anyway, this is a great little test database that is going away soon, so i am playing
pretty hard with it....it was 70x too slow to begin with, and now its just 5x too
slow....not bad for no disk work, no application work, and no new db objects,
just oracle kernel tweaking....