Re: Oracle 8.0.5 Linux installation problem

From: XU <xux_at_informa.bio.caltech.edu>
Date: 11 May 1999 22:03:27 GMT

Kernel is 2.0.36, glibc-2.0.7

Al Ruiz (arruiz_at_flash.net) wrote:
: Thanks for the tip Aaron, that is exactly what is happening...
: I will try again with RedHat 5.2. Buy the way, the kernel for that version is
: 2.0.34 or above?, and is glibc 2.0.7 or above?

: Thanks

: Al Ruiz

: Aaron Leon Kaplan wrote:

: > Olaf Waitkus (owaitkus_at_bo-ag.net) wrote:
: > Hi Olaf, hi Al,
: >
: > canīt talk about other OS than Linux but... this error appears on Linux
: > when you donīt have the libnls installed. Check the log file (install.log,
: > sql.log, make.log - especially the last in this kind of error).
: >
: > You will not have this problem when you use RedHat 5.2 becuase
: > libnls is part of the RedHat distribution. You can try to install it
: > on slackware or other linux distributions but it might take a long time to
: > get it running there. I tried to do it on slackware but then I changed to
: > RedHat.
: >
: > greetings,
: > Aaron.
: >
: > : Al Ruiz schrieb:
: >
: > : > Hello there,
: > : >
: > : > I have this problem when installing oracle in a Linux box. The
: > : > installer is copying the files but when it tries to relink them this
: > : > process falis with a message of missing file. I have checked the system
: > : > and I have glib 2.0.7 (required for oracle) and the kernel is 2.0.35.
: > : > Any idea of what is happening?
: > : >
: > : > Thanks
: > : >
: >
: > --
: > ---
: > "There are two major products that come out of Berkeley:
: > LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
: > - Jeremy S. Anderson
: >
: > (Thx Ray)