Re: Oracle Enterprise manager agent doesn't come up

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 23:05:35 +0200

This is an Oracle 7 solution, but probably it still applies: Verify your listener.ora, check the following:

- all keywords should be in uppercase.
- only one IPC section is allowed
- only TCP port per host is allowed

The listener automatically creates snmp.ora, snmp_ro.ora and snmp_rw.ora as far as I remember in $ORACLE_HOME/network/agent (in an agent directory in the $ORACLE_HOME tree). One of those files contains a trace parameter. If the above advise doesn't help you, make sure all trace parameters are set to 16 as follows
trace_level_listener = 16 in listener.ora trace_level_client = 16 in sqlnet.ora
(and trace_unique_client = true in the same file) This will result in several trace files, dumping every sqlnet call.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA