Re: Non-existing objects? (sys.obj$.type# = 10)

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 20:58:49 +0100

'Non-existent' objects exist to handle
'negative dependency' tracking.

Say you have a view

    create or replace view v1 as
    select * from t1;

but T1 is actually a public synonym to a table in someone else's schema. The validity of this view is dependent on the fact that there is no object named T1 in your schema; so
Oracle creates a 'non-existent' object in your schema that the view can depend on.

Then, when you create an object called T1 in your schema, this causes the elimination of the 'non-existent' object, which automatically causes the invalidation and recompilation of the view to use your table.

--

Jonathan Lewis