Re: Installing Replication Manager

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 09:37:52 -0700

The problem is that Replication Manager is a client side tool. I haven't seen the CD's to determine how it's packaged now, but it used to come on the Enterprise Manager CD.

Running catrep just creates the Replication data dictionary views and packages. If you are planning on using replication, I'd suggest you get some training on it. Depending on what you want to use it for, it can be reasonably complex to configure (e.g. determining the conflict resolution methods to be used in multi-master), and it sounds like you need more understanding of it than you currently have.

HTH. Pete

rajsico_at_jp1.vsnl.net.in wrote:

> I have installed Oracle 8 server enterprise edition on win nt 4.0, i
> had tried all modes, typical and custom, but am not able to see the
> Replication Manager.
>
> Can someone help me in how i can install it. I had also tried by
> running the script "catrep.sql", but of no use.
>
> Thanks
> Alind Gupta

Regards

Pete

Pete Sharman                              Email: psharman_at_us.oracle.com
Project Manager                           Phone: +1.650.607.0109 (int'l)

Worldwide Internal Services Education            (650)607 0109 (local)
Oracle Corporation

SQL> select standard_disclaimer, witty_remark   2 from company_requirements;

"Controlling application developers is like herding cats." Kevin Loney, ORACLE DBA Handbook
"Oh no it's not! It's much harder than that!" Bruce Pihlamae, long term ORACLE DBA