Unable to run IPC

From: <nilendu_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 15:04:35 GMT

Hi All,
I have Oracle8i database installed on NT machine.I am using Names Server (without DDO) to connect to my database. Now I have to call some external DLLs for which I have to have IPC connection.
What I have done is:
(1) Through NetAssist, I configured listener.Listener listens to a TCP connection(address of my server),which is working OK. Then I configured Listener,for IPC connection.I have given EXTPROC0 as key.And EXTPROC as the SID of the IPC database.

So my listener.ora looks like this:

Listener.ora----------------------------------
LISTENER =
  (DESCRIPTION_LIST =
    (DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = myserver)(PORT = 1521))
(PROTOCOL_STACK =
        (PRESENTATION = TTC)
        (SESSION = NS)
      )

    )
    (DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC0))
(PROTOCOL_STACK =
        (PRESENTATION = TTC)
        (SESSION = NS)
      )

    )
  )

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
  (SID_LIST =
    (SID_DESC =
(GLOBAL_DBNAME = names)

#NAMES is my name server database#

(ORACLE_HOME = d:\orant\product\ora81)
(SID_NAME = names)

    )
    (SID_DESC =
(PROGRAM = EXTPROC)
(SID_NAME = EXTPROC)

    )
  )

Now when I call the External Procedure from Worksheet,it shows me an error :

ORA-28575 : Unable to open RPC connection to external procedure agent

Now I don't have EXTPROCAGENT listen in my SERVICES. Earlier with 8.0.5 EXTPROCAGENT used to be on the Services.

Anybody has any clue to offer?
TIA,
Nilendu

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Tue May 11 1999 - 10:04:35 CDT