Re: foreign language support?

From: Blair Kenneth Adamache <adamache_at_ca.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 09:07:37 -0400

DB2 supports foreign languages in two ways: 1. error messages, online manuals and documentation are translated 2. with any national language version of the database installed (i.e. DB2 installed in English) you can support other national languages by creating databases in the codesets required for that language, assuming the operating system has the correct codepage (OS/2, Windows, NT) or locale (Unix) support.

Languages supported by DB2 Universal Database are discussed in Appendix O of the Administration Guide.

You can view this manual by selecting DB2 Publications at this site:

http://www.software.ibm.com/data/db2/library/