lsnrctl in init.d script

From: Vaughan <shanks_at_yallara.cs.rmit.edu.au>
Date: 11 May 1999 06:22:16 GMT

Hi,

  I'm trying to install Oracle 8, including Net8, under Solaris7 for SPARC. When I type 'lsnrctl start' as the 'oracle' user (ORACLE_OWNER) it starts okay, but when I enter the line:

  su - oracle -c $ORA_HOME/bin/lsnrctl start &

into my /etc/init.d/dbora startup script, a complaint about "missing message 850", followed by something about "stty: no such device" appears, and the listener won't start. The database server itself starts just fine from a script in the same manner.

Can anybody shed any light on this situation?

Thanks,

        Vaughan. Received on Tue May 11 1999 - 01:22:16 CDT