connecting over internet

From: Pablo Marquez <pmarquez_at_gtt.es>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 09:33:29 +0200

Hi all:

I want to allow access to my Oracle 8 server installed on an AIX System (via SQL Plus or
TOAD trough RDBMS) via internet.
The problem is that there is a firewall installed in order to limit the access to the server. So i allow access for an exact IP address and for port 1521
In the Oracle Net 8 Easy Config says that the client connects to the port 1521.
When i work in LAN that's correct, but when I try to connect from 'outside' oracle tries to open other ports dinamically (i think in other to improve the bandwidth) so Oracle can't stablish the connection My question is if there's any parameter or way to say Oracle that it must open just one port or some well-known ports when connecting from internet so we
can configure the firewall correctly

thanks a lot Received on Mon May 10 1999 - 02:33:29 CDT