Oracle Licensing Question

From: Susan Dillon <dillon_at_expert.cc.purdue.edu>
Date: 10 May 1999 22:27:48 GMT

Ok, here might be a tough one to answer:

If I have a third party client-side program that connects to an Oracle database, do I need to purchase oracle client licenses for each workstation / pc that connects? To make if even more confusing, if I have two separtate database servers performing to different functions and I have two different client programs that connect to them, do I need to purchase two separate oracle client licenses for each one workstation / pc?

Someone please tell me what the rule of thumb here is.

Thanks.

Please respond to this post, or email me at kpdillon_at_yahoo.com. Received on Mon May 10 1999 - 17:27:48 CDT