Re: NLS Setup for Oracle Clients-Numeric conversion on Win32

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 21:19:59 +0200

Hi Stein,
NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS is derived from the territory, in this case AMERICA on the server and NORWAY
on the clients. Obviously you need to set NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS on the server in init<sid>.ora and the registry and/or env vars for sessions on the server also. If you don't specify anything the default behaviour on the client is AMERICAN.AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1. This will be used when communicating with the database. In most cases setting a non-default language or date format or numeric characters on the server only is not sufficient.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA