Re: ORA 3113 is making me miserable

From: Rick Wessman <rwessman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 10 May 1999 11:50:34 -0400

This could be due to a lot of reasons. Have you contacted Oracle support? This may be a known bug for which they have a fix.

As to shutting down the database, you should have done a "shutdown abort" rather than killing the Oracle processes and removing the IPC resources. Shutdown abort is the supported method of shutting down the database in an emergency.

                                        Rick
                                        Rick Wessman
                                        Security and Directory Technologies
                                        Server Technologies