Re: ORA-01194 Need to Delete a Datafile

From: Julio Negueruela <julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 17:37:56 +0200

Merlin Team escribió:
> =

> Hi,
> =

> I have a datafile that is reporting that it needs media recovery
> unfortunately I do not have the necessary logfiles to complete the reco=
very.
> =

> Although the datafile is associated to a tablespace it is no longer
> required. Is it possible to delete the file without dropping the tables=
pace?

Unfortunately, I'm afraid it's not possible to delete the datafile without dropping the tablespace. If you try it you'll have the datafile dropped status as recover. If you've got and export, try deleting all objects allocated in that tablespace (if not possible, drop the tablespace) and importing then from the last export. A couple of things:
I suppose you can obtain table information from catalog, althoug the datafile is corrupted. So, to know witch tables are in that tablespace you can do:
select table_name from dba_tables where tablespace_name='X'; If they're indexes:
select index_name ftom dba_indexes where tablespace_name='X'; Then, drop the tablespace, recreate it again and import the tables/indexes from the last export file. Other way, in case you've shutdown the db and cannot open it due to that error, is to list the content of the export file: imp FILE=<last_export_file> show=y
 =

Hope this help, although am not very sure. :( -- =

Julio Negueruela
DBA Servicio Informático

Universidad de La Rioja      -      Spain
Telf: 941-299179     Fax: 941- 299180

mailto:julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es Received on Mon May 10 1999 - 10:37:56 CDT