"Operation Would Block" Problem

From: Douglas Peel <dpeel_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 09:40:35 -0500

Hey all,

I'm fairly new to the Oracle game and started having a problem. I set up a database using Oracle 8 on NT4.0. Everything worked fine until the database reached its current size (it will not get any bigger, throwing out old data, bringing in new), now when I run queries that will return fairly large recordsets, I get the error ORA-3123 "Operation Would Block". I say that its bases on recordset size because I run a query based on dates and If I select a days worth of data, it works, but, if I select a months worth of data, it fails every time.

Oracle documenation suggests "trying again later".

Well, I can try again tomorrow or the day after or anytime and I still get the same response.

What are the main tuning parameters within Oracle that I should look for? Am I also having hardware issues (Have IBM PC Server 330 w/256MB RAM)?

I highly doubt that I'm pushing Oracle past its limits.

Hopefully I have given enough information.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Douglas Peel

dpeel@'nojunkemail'mindspring.com Received on Mon May 10 1999 - 09:40:35 CDT