Re: ORACLE not available (solved)

From: Julio Negueruela <julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 15:48:06 +0200

If someone is interested in:

> I've just installed the Oracle rdbms v8.0.5 in a Dex Alpha (OSF/1)
> v.4.0.d not without problems. After resolving them, I've created
> manually the db (because the oracle installer doesn't give a chance to
> choose the db block size) and all seemed fine until another user
> distinct than oracle user tried to connect to the instance. The message=

> I get is:
> =

> ORA-01034: ORACLE not available

The problem derived from the failed instalation of Oracle Software, because it didn't set the oracle executable mask to 6755. I've executed chmod 6755 oracle and now works fine.

Regards
-- =

Julio Negueruela
DBA Servicio Informático

Universidad de La Rioja      -      Spain
Telf: 941-299179     Fax: 941- 299180

mailto:julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es Received on Mon May 10 1999 - 08:48:06 CDT