can't remotely run an applet created on oracle8i

From: <bsaikat_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 13:20:40 GMT

Hi everybody,

I am in a big trouble.Anybody working in Oracle8i can help me.

I am working in Oracle8i environment.I have created an unsigned applet which will basically access Oracle8 database and return a message.For that I need to grant some priviledges on Netscape 4.04, Which are i)PropertyAccess ii)PropertyRead iii)PropertyWrite.

Everything including the above three, I have set as documented by Oracle8i.Everything is ok when I am tring to run that applet from local mechine ,but When I tried to run on remote mechine is gives an Exception as follows:

"[Root exception is netscape.security.AppletSecurityException: security.checkpropsaccess.key
# UniversalPropertyRead privilege not
enabled: Reading information stored in your computer, such as your user name]javax.naming.NamingException"

So, that does means that Netscape is accessing some file locally which is installed with Oracle8i, but could not found remotely.What should I do?

Please help me.Thanks in advance.

Sujit

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==-- ---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.--- Received on Mon May 10 1999 - 08:20:40 CDT